Here below the Steps that will be follow during the Kitesurfing Lessons for Beginners:
Kiteboarding is 80% kite control.
The first step in learning basic kite control is flying a small size kite that will accelerate your learning curve and shorten the time it takes you to get on the board.
During step1 (land lesson) of kitesurf beginner course, you will learn:
1. Theory – Understanding the goals, the process, and the lingo needed to communicate. Learn to choose a location, evaluate wind direction, and understand the wind clock.
2. Setting up the Equipment – How to handle the kite and lines from set-up to launch. Learn the difference between bow kites, c-kites, and 5-line kites.
3. Pre-Flight Check – All the tips you will need to never forget to check everything before launch.
4. Assisted Launches – Learn to launch and land with an assistant and the role of both the pilot and the assistant.
5. Kite Control – Proper methods of using the control bar and steering the kite, including adjusting the power and de-power of the kite.
6. Power Intake – Complete understanding of the wind window. Once kite control is established you will learn exact kite placement to either create power by flying the kite into the power zone, or reduce power by flying the kite to the edge of the window.
7. Use of all safety systems, including quick releases.
8. Dry water starts – Performing simulated water starts on land under-powered to see the steps and build muscle memory.
After you have mastered the kite skills with a small kite sized, you are ready to take the water lesson on a full sized inflatable kite.
In our water lesson, you will learn how to body drag, upwind body drag, water re-launch, self rescue, and water-start onto the board (often the students add one or two more private water lessons onto their learning progression to specifically master the board skills).
Step2: First Water Lesson
During the first water lesson (step2) of kitesurf beginner course, you will improve:
9. kite piloting with power,
10. One handed kite piloting, body dragging hooked in to your harness.
11. Body dragging hooked in to your harness going upwind.
12. Body dragging hooked in to your harness, holding the board, getting used flying the kite and controlling the board at the same time €“ water starting.
13. Self rescue.
Step3: Second Water Lesson
During the second water lesson (step3), you will improve:
14. Getting up on the board and riding away.
15. Perfecting your water re-launching techniques.
16. Right of way rules.
Suggested schedule for the Kitesurfing Lessons for Beginners (Kitesurfing Course)
- Step1 (land Lesson, skills 1 to 8);
- Step2 (first Water Lesson, skills 9 to 13);
- Step3 (second Water Lesson, skills 14 to 16).
Note: Fast learners can attempt getting up on the board during the first Water Lesson.
Info and prices
To know the prices of all our services, please refer to this page.
If you need more infos about our services or you need to book your kite course or service, please go to