Punta Trettu is a place located close to the village of Matzaccara in the Municipality of San Giovanni Suergiu in the south West of Sardinia. Currently Punta Trettu is associate to kitesurf. In fact, it is increasingly known as perfect spot for kitesurfing because its characteristics: flat shallow water and steady winds.
The place is a strip of land surrounded by the sea that point straight (Punta Trettu) to the town of Sant’Antioco.
Kitesurfing Punta Trettu: Kite Spot Features
- Kite Spot Name: Punta Trettu.
- Location: Municipality of San Giovanni Suergiu, Province of Carbonia Iglesias, Southern Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Flat and Shallow water.
- Minimul Required Level: Beginner.
- Best winds: Mistral and Scirocco.
- Facilities: parking, Kite Lane.
- Things to do: kitesurfing, SUP.
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 85 Km.
- Distance from parking: 10 min.
Kitesurfing Punta Trettu: Kite Spot Description
Punta Trettu is considered one of the best kite spots for kitesurfing Sardinia and maybe of Europe: with shallow and flat water, and steady winds is like a Kite Paradise.
The kite spot of Punta Trettu looks like a lagoon because almost completely surrounded by land even if in reality the sea water is current. The demonstration is the sea natural channel, that runs along the island of Sant’Antioco, where the boats navigate.
In the above mentioned boat channel, Kitesurfing is strictly prohibited.
The Punta Trettu Kite Beach is perfect both for beginners and advanced riders thanks to the shallow flat water and to the sandy bottom that allow to stand up and walk for hundred of meters.
Kitesurfing Ounta Trettu: Kite Zones in Punta Trettu
In Punta Trettu, they have been defined two kite zones for kitesurfing:
- one kite zone reserved to the kite schools.
- one kite zone dedicated to the independent riders that don’t need kite lessons.
In the other zones of Punta Trettu. kitesurfing is not allowed. People that kitesurf out of the allowed kite zones could incur into a huge fine from the sea police and Coast Guard Coast.
To clarify what it has been said above, have a look at this video.
Directions to Punta Trettu, Sardinia
From Cagliari, get the S.S. 130 till Carbonia. Then continue to Matzaccara and follow the directions to Punta Trettu.